Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mascara Reviews

In Which I Review Six Different Mascaras


I have accumulated  quite a few mascaras over the past few months. I tend to focus on my eye makeup more than anything else, so that would explain why I like to try new mascaras. So, since I have a good number of them and have been using them for at least a month, I thought I would write a review of each one. I hope this is helpful! Comment below about your favorite mascara, if you feel so inclined. :)


Rimmel's Extra Super Lash in 101

This mascara is very easy to apply and has a great texture. It lengthens lashes without looking unnatural. It's perfect for everyday makeup and doesn't seem to clump. However, it is not the longest-lasting mascara I've ever used. In addition, the length added to the eyelashes is not as much length as I've had with other mascaras. It doesn't thicken lashes very much, either, so if that's something you're looking for... read on. Again, this is a great natural-looking mascara.

Maybelline's Great Lash in Very Black

This is another natural-looking mascara. This mascara definitely adds a lot of length to the lashes. The bonus to this is that it doesn't clump. This mascara doesn't really add volume to lashes. However, the simpleness of the product's application makes it worth the buy. This mascara is also comparable to benefit's BADgal lash, reviewed next.

benefit's BADgal lash
 
If you're looking for a mascara that is natural-looking that adds lots of length to your lashes - this is what you're looking for. It doesn't really help with adding volume, though. I do love that it doesn't clump. I would recommend this for those who can splurge. For those of you who are not wanting to splurge, Maybelline's Great Lash is, I have found, very similar. Plus, this is pretty expensive, and while I really like it, if you can save the money, why not?

Rimmel's Scandal Eyes in 001

If you need some volume in your lashes, this is the mascara you're looking for. Not only does this mascara add lots of volume, but it doesn't clump, which is hard to find when you're using a mascara that's supposed to add volume. I have been using Scandal Eyes for over a year and I am continuing to enjoy this formula!

L'Oreal's Voluminous in Blackest Black

If you want to add length to your lashes - lots of it - then this is the mascara for you. The only thing I don't like is that this mascara can clump sometimes. Otherwise, a great buy for lengthening of the lashes.


 L'Oreal's Voluminous in Black

This product is essentially the same as the Original Voluminous reviewed earlier. The only difference is that the brush is curved, really. It doesn't seem to clump as much as the Original does, so that is a plus. I really like this mascara and have used it a while.

Thanks for reading these reviews!  I hope they were at least slightly helpful. I hope to have some lip product reviews on here soon.

Have a lovely day!

Mary Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment