Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Classic Film Review: Now, Voyager

 (The above photo was not taken by me [obviously] and I don't take the credit for it. I simply have the poster/photo here to promote the film as I feel it deserves attention).

Now, Voyager is a true gem, a film that keeps on making you think about it. The music grabs your heart (and, apparently, it grabbed an Academy Award). 

Bette Davis gave a stunning performance as Charlotte Vale. Paul Henreid was simply fabulous as well and really captured my attention.

I was rooting for Charlotte Vale through the whole movie. What a loveable heroine, and how easy it is to relate to Bette Davis' superb acting as Vale. Henreid's "Jerry" was absolutely marvelous.

All in all, I am so glad that I watched this film and would highly recommend it. It truly embodies the Walt Whitman poem that the title was taken from. 

I feel it is best to go into this film without knowing anything about it, thus I will only say that I loved it and that one must see it to appreciate it. What a joy it was to go on the voyage!


No comments:

Post a Comment